French Linen

Friday, March 8, 2013

It's Official!

Well, it's official... Potena PT has registered a team for the Mt. Gretna Tri!  In my last post, you will recall I hinted at using my feminine wiles to persuade David to take on the biking leg of the Tri.  Thanks to Valentines Day, lots of champagne, super high heels, and something leopard from Victoria's Secret - we're doing our first Tri together!  Remember what I said, "you get more bees with honey".  I am doing the swim, my husband Dave is doing the bike, and a friend of ours is doing the run.  We drove the bike course, which I would recommend because the hills are a little different in person than on paper.  In the spirit of being healthy, we gave up alcohol and potato chips for lent, which hasn't been going well.  I thought I'd feel great, but instead I've had migraines and sleeping difficulty.  It's probably the toxins trying to escape my body, but I have since concluded that Jesus would not have turned water to wine if he didn't want us to have some.
     A second opinion on my knee has verified that I've stretched out my posterior lateral corner, but it's fairly mild so surgery isn't needed at this time.  Unfortunately it has also verified that I should not be running, which was a small but realistic disappointment.  I've been swimming, doing the elliptical, riding the recumbent bike, and continue with my strength training at the PT office.  Yesterday for fun I tried a yoga class at the YMCA, which was energizing and relaxing at the same time.  Not having taken a yoga class before, (and being a slight germaphobe) I showed up with my own mat.  Once I figured out how to get the straps off of my mat, it was easy to follow along with he instructor and I had success with most of the poses.  Work is very busy, t's been difficult to devote a lot of time to training.  However I have a renewed sense of purpose and motivation since signing up for the Tri.  Hopefully I can survive the rest of Lent while my liver regenerates, and continue to build on my workouts in order to have a decent swim for my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment