French Linen

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Did It!

It's been a great week for swimming - I feel like something just clicked!

On Thursday night, I had a great swim. I decided to swim the 1/4 mile swim non-stop with the plan to swim 200 yards freestyle, 50 yards side or breast stroke, and 200 yards freestyle. The second 200 yards was feeling better than the first so I thought about doing more but I got to end and took in a big gulp of water -- I guess my excitement got the best of me!

On Saturday, I went for the same plan and then after completing the second 200 yards, I was feeling good so I decided to keep going. And, before I knew it, I had done an extra 250 yards!!! So, I swam 700 yards (over 1/3 of a mile) non-stop, including the last 1/4 mile all freestyle.

I'm now feeling confident that I can do the 1/4 mile swim for my first triathlon. I signed up for the waitlist for the Nantucket triathlon in July that has a 1/3 mile swim, which now also seems doable. 1/2 mile swim still seems like a challenge and 1 mile swim seems not in the realm of my possibilities at this point...but then again, maybe it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment