French Linen

Friday, April 8, 2011

Wetsuits Full or Shorty for Me?

So I borrowed my neighbors 2 ORCA wetsuits, which I have decided are aptly named because I looked like a beached whale on the floor struggling to get them on in Thank God the privacy of my bedroom.
It was the best ab workout I've had all week.  This has also convinced me that I do not want one with full legs.  So I started my search for a "shorty".  I actually got brave and ordered 2, hoping one will fit.  I went with the Camaro brand because I fall nicely into their size chart.  One is from Seirra Trading Post sleeveless (25% off for new customers)  and the other is from LL Bean with short sleeves (currently 20% off).  Both are under $100 delivered, have easy return policies,  and I'm optimistic one will work out.  I ordered swim socks from Wetsuit Warehouse and I think I will be warm enough with easier on/off ability.  I will report on my purchases and returns next week.  Also, I completed 18 lengths Thursday in the pool. 8 in a row with 4 freestyle, one side stroke, one backstroke, and 2 more freestyle.  Then I put on the flippers (something new I did in class Tuesday) and did 4 awesomely fast lengths.  After which I freestyled and side stroked my way to 18 with a couple small breaks.  I'm hoping my wetsuit turns me into a mermaid.

Also, embarrassing moment number 3,572:  my locker got stuck.. picture me in my 2 piece - one leg standing on top of the bench, and the other on an adjacent locker trying to wrangle mine open.  A nice lady with crutches came to my aid and shoved her crutch in the gap and helped my pry it open.  Why does this stuff always happen to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment