French Linen

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Soap N Suds

Derrick's Laundry
This weekend I went to visit Derrick in Virginia and see 3 of his baseball games.  He's having a good season, and by this time of year is usually feeling a little beat up and worn out.  Road trips, games during the week, writing papers, and tests leave little time for anything besides trying to get a decent meal on the run.  Sometimes when we visit I do his laundry.  Freshman year I said to him, how's the laundry situation?  His reply was "not good, I'm wearing yesterday's underwear."  This was the start of my Saturday trips to the Soap N Suds in Williamsburg, clean underwear is a must!  Typically this means 4 washers and 4 dryers full of boxers, t-shirts, sweat pants, jeans, and Tribe wear.
Saturday I skipped my workout to help Derrick with his laundry situation, but I still worked up a sweat 4 loads is a workout in itself!  Sunday I put in a couple miles on the treadmill and ate the hotel breakfast still wearing my workout clothes.  The friendly hostess who I've come to know over the years, brought my omelette to the table and said she had asked the chef who it belonged to.  He said, "the girl in the pink shirt" and her 14 year old grandson the bus boy chimed in with, "yeah the cute one in the black pants."  I told her I was old enough to be his mother, but glad I had run those 2 miles because I guess it was worth it.  Let's face it, the poor kid is 14 and probably gets excited in the melon section of the produce aisle.  We both had a good laugh, still...go me!  I'm worrying a little about skipping workouts occasionally, and hope to put in a few hours today.  But I know my kid has clean underwear this week so I'm happy!       

No comments:

Post a Comment