French Linen

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chlorine and Your Hair

When I agreed to do the triathalon with Cathy, strangely enough my first thought was, "what should I wear?"  For anyone who knows this Fashionophile this would not come as a surprise.  Later Cathy and I will give commentary on what we have learned about wetsuits.  My second thought was, "what is all of  this chlorine doing to my hair?"
My wonderful hairdresser, Brian - who has painstakingly transformed my long blonde locks from disheveled to flowing - gave good advice.  Wash your hair immediately after getting out of the pool.  Even if I wear a swim cap, my hair still gets wet.  If I don't wash it well, I can still smell chlorine the next day!  A clarifying shampoo can be used, but not more than once a week if you color.
I ordered this "dorm" shower caddy from Amazon for $4.34!  It's perfect for pool and locker room use, and I would recommend it to any swimmers.



No comments:

Post a Comment