French Linen

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Goggles and Earplugs

The most challenging part of the Tri for both of us would be the swimming.  We both had numerous swimming lessons as kids, and the only thing I remember about it was that it was early on Saturday mornings and it was cold.  Basically I hated it.  Cathy told me to get goggles and silicone ear plugs, so I stopped at the local sporting goods store, where a former swimmer helped me pick out a few things.
Tuesday:
Text from Cathy to me:  Goggle malfunction, "Grandpa" at the pool said "you must be a beginner."
Text from Me to Cathy:  "Goggles = success, Earplugs = failure, Headline:  Woman does dog paddle for triathalon.
Thursday:
I chuckled to myself as I texted Cathy a picture of me in the locker room wearing my swim cap and goggles entitled, "conehead on crack".  Which I later found out went to a male colleague of hers whom her company had mistakenly assigned her cell number, and all of her calls and texts were diverted for a few days.  Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment