French Linen

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Barb and Cathy Do It Again!

Cathy asked me last week if I wanted to do another triathlon with her, since I had bronchitis and hadn't been to the gym in 2 weeks I said, "ask me when I'm not sick."  Saturday I managed to put in a mile and a half run in under 20 minutes after a 2 week health hiatus and it didn't feel awful.  Cathy called me Sunday night and somehow convinced me we should do another tri together.  I decided as long as my body could tolerate the training, I would do this with her.  She really enjoys swimming and has been doing a mile non-stop, where as I just like to put in 10 laps as a cool down to my gym workouts.  My challenge is to put in the training required with fewer injuries than last year; and my goal is to improve upon my first times.  Certainly I will have to work on the swimming more, and the early bike training will be boring because it will mostly be indoors.  So far I'm not super excited, but I think that is partly due to the hectic month of December.  Derrick has one more final to take, and then job hunting will become a full time venture.  Once January rolls around (and hopefully Derrick finds a good job) my stresses will be eased and I'll be in a better frame of mind.  First task:  find motivating music for my workout ipod.
  Annie Lennox:  "Sisters are doin' it for themselves....."  

No comments:

Post a Comment