French Linen

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Holiday Marathon

Twas the month of December, and I was worn out,
I was sick of Christmas songs and hearing kids scream and shout.
"I want this toy and that toy", while their parents Facebook and Twitter
Why don't they do like we did, and get a damn sitter?
I had Cyber Monday shopped, and store shopped, and stood in long lines
I had handmade some gifts, and wrapped them with twine.
Went to Kmart and Pet Smart and Apple and more
Getting all the discounts I could find at each and every store.
The Holiday Marathon had taken its toll
Now I had gotten myself a terrible cold.
I bought Robitussin, Nyquil, throat drops, and Vicks,
The month of December is no time to be sick.
2 Boxes of Puffs were gone in a day
But my shopping was done, I had filled up the sleigh.
I wrapped all the gifts, and slathered Vicks on my chest
What I really needed now was a good nights rest.
In my medicated stupor I dreamed of Christmas Trees
Santa baby, you ain't got nothin' on me!
Bella at the Tree Farm



This is a true poem of my adventures last week.  I was feeling like all of this Holiday preparation was a marathon in itself.  We have a company Christmas party at our house in 2 weeks so my decorating needs to be done early.  After all of my running around, I had gotten a terrible cold by Monday.  I dragged myself through the busy week at work, but don't remember half of what I did.  Somehow I locked in a good rate on electricity, and got all of my insurance authorizations done.  There were gift bags and cookies to deliver to physician offices - I had about 10 to do myself.  I put off going to my own doctor until Friday.. at which point I found out I had a bad case of bronchitis.  After slathering my chest with Vicks all week, I later read the label and discovered that it contains turpentine oil.  That can't be good.  I had even bought the Puffs with Vicks and now my entire car smells like menthol.  This, and a couple bottles of cough syrup would account for my hazy week.  I ordered a bunch of Christmas gifts for people online, and am now getting emails saying that they shipped.  There are a few things I really don't remember ordering (what did I get David from Men's Warehouse?) so I will have a nice surprise when they get here.  I think my Christmas shopping is done, but I'm waiting to find out what all I ordered last week.  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment