French Linen

Friday, June 3, 2011

Just Barb Being Barb

I wouldn't be me without one final faux pas.  Remember Cathy's post about locker room etiquette?  Well, all day yesterday I was running around.  I got to work late, ran errands, stopped at home and rushed off to the gym.  I didn't pack any towels because I already have them packed up for the Tri & had planned to rent a towel when I got to the Y. (You can see where this is going.)  I misplaced my membership card and had to have them look me up in the computer so I guess that distracted me.  My knee has been hurting so I went upstairs to ride the bike for a few easy miles and loosen it a bit.  Then I jumped in the pool, at which point I realized I had no towel.  (Expletive)  So what!  I figured, things may not go exactly as planned Sunday and I may have to improvise.  There I was standing, yes butt naked, in front of the wall mounted dryer in the ladies locker room using a cotton tank top as a towel.  Two spanish speaking ladies walked in and did a double take when they saw me air drying my nakedness.  I'm not sure what they said to each other, but I think it translates into, "crazy white girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment